Powered by Blogger.

Bad Weather, Bean and Winter

So there goes the storm. While it is heartbreaking to see other fellow Filipinos suffering from the calamity....it is still good to know that it wasn't as bad as Typhoon Yolanda/ Haiyan last year. Here in Manila  it only appears to be gloomy. Me and Adam refrained from doing anything "fun" and opted to rest as work was suspended yesterday. On my part, I got my first project done! I was really hesitant to accept this project because it took me by surprise!




I was chatting with my good friend (and surf buddy), Joan, about how quitting my work and being jobless since May is already getting to me. Adam is the primary provider for our family...I only contributed bits and pieces when I used to have a job. The rest of my earnings he told me to use for myself. While he is super generous and gives me all the things we need (and the things I "want") it is the feeling of doing nothing not motherhood-related that was giving me trouble.




Before surfing, yoga and motherhood all I had were books and art. I could go on all day everyday just reading or painting. I guess, it's in my blood! And I just couldn't contain not being able to do those things. Also, I wanted to be able to earn a little doing what I know I love and what I could probably be good at. Well, Joan talked to me about how to just go and try. Adam always told me I can do  it....so about two weeks ago I posted a photo of a painting I did on Instagram. I got a few inquiries and ahhhh....my first two clients! Though it was a shock to me knowing I would get paid for my art....I did my best and took it one day at a time. I provided a comfortable timeline for my projects because I always have to work around Bean's schedule. I also provided a workstation for Bean so that I get to paint while she attempts to do her own art...but this doesn't happen a lot. Usually she'll be playing on the floor with her toys and I'll be rendering on the bed.




So there. I am starting to earn doing what I love. Though I am not sure how this will go, I am not afraid to give it a shot. If no one would buy my art I could always get them framed and hang it in our home. :)

Anyway, yesterday....my girls, Bean and Winter took a morning walk before the typhoon came. Adam and I had a great time snapping photos of them. Even if they end up fighting when they play...I can see how close they would be in the future. Winter always wants to play with Bean even if Bean tells me Winter doesn't understand her. Bean always wants Winter to do what she tells her. They fight; they cry, but every time we go home to our condo she'll always cry silently and tell me she misses her cousin. She always tells me if she can ask her tito Jong and tita Aset to bring Winter here. Aaaaah even if I don't want to get older yet...I can't help imagining how these girls would grow up to be.










We hope everyone stayed safe and dry during the storm! And take care of your health as I am currently sick with a bad case of colds!

No comments