Powered by Blogger.

A Day for Art



I know that crayons, and such art materials warn parents that they are to be used by children three years and up; but, because I am so excited to introduce different activities to our little miss, I gave her her first set of washable crayons a month before her first birthday. Of course, all this was under strict supervision (and still is!). At first, she just started gripping them, not really even scribbling on the papers (or on the walls), but a few weeks into showing her how crayons work, she got it! Before turning one! Now, she holds crayons, chalk, giant markers like an adult. Better than kids at preschool (sorry, proud mama!). Being supportive parents, we always try to let her explore the things she likes, and also those that she doesn't. After figuring out what floats her boat, we encourage her to develop her skills. As she has already mastered crayons and the likes, I thought of letting her try out finger painting. We bought her a set of four washable finger paints over the weekend during our lunch date. Because it was too hot in the house, I decided to surprise her and let her try painting in the garden.

Here are a few snaps of our little activity:







At first, she was curious about the gooey stuff on her fingers. I tried showing her how to use the paint by guiding her hands, dipping her fingers into the tub of paint, and then drawing on the paper...







My darling daughter kept on giggling with delight! There times that she gets a glimpse of her dirty hands, she gets bothered. But a soon as she puts her fingers on paper, and starts forming shapes/patterns/doodles...she giggles!











I guess she had a good time...but really, most of the paint ended up on her mama's face.



We really do hope this little miss would have knack for the arts so that I can say she got something from me, since her daddy already won with genetics. Lol! Have a happy week ahead!

No comments