Powered by Blogger.

how did we get here



How did we get here this fast? In a few weeks you'll be two years old. I can still remember so vividly how I held you for the first time, the sleepless nights, how we fought over breastfeeding, how my happiness of having you helped me get through the post pregnancy weight...and things like that.

Now, we've become best friends. I know everything about you. How your eyes turn glassy when you're sleepy; how you grin when you've accomplished a task; how you'd crouch from afar...ready to run into me and give me the tightest hug...and a lot more. And I know that you read me just as much. How you behave with the slightest raising of an eyebrow; how you ask if I'm sad when there's not much smiles. 

This afternoon, before your nap, we played for a while near the steps up our home. You kept giggling, insisting to jump and climb unassisted...I wanted to give you a chance to do what you want, so I let go; but I was on guard if ever you fall. But you did it, on your own..."Look, mama! I did it! Look!" 

I suddenly became teary eyed because you're growing up...no longer a baby, but a little girl. Oh, but I love you still the same...or even more. I am so blessed and happy that you're turning out to be perfect...for me. 

But I do hope time slows down. Even for just a day.

No comments