Powered by Blogger.

What is Life?

I used to work for money. I think there was a time in my life that I loved money. I was so into material things; I couldn't believe I am living the life I have now...and loving it. It's no joke to get married, live on your own, raise a little one, manage a household, work, and still enjoy the things you want.

Adam taught me this.

I wasn't born rich but we had more that we needed. I lived a comfortable life (or more than that I think). During the early parts of our relationship, we'd often go out and eat at fancy restaurants, watch movies, shop for books and anything else we liked...but I can see how simple Adam lived. This was okay with me, though at times I'd act really clueless...mostly when it came to cooking, cleaning, and any chore for that matter.

We got married, had a daughter, and got a place of our own. Oh boy! I crammed all the things I needed to know about being independent in about a month with the guidance of my husband. I didn't think I could do it...but I did. I have been taking care of my daughter and managing our home, plus working on the side for so long...it all seems natural now. I still find time to do yoga and surf.

But honestly, we're still not rich. Sometimes, life gets financially challenging; however, we rarely sulk because we have each other. We are happy...and we support each other. There are disagreements that we calmly talk through. And I know that this is how I want my life to be.

I no longer want money, maybe just enough to support our little family. What's important is that we are healthy, happy, and that our relationship will continue to grow.

One night I asked my husband..."Do I look older now?" He said, "No."

I asked again, "Do I look ugly now?"

He honestly replied, "No, but you look tired."

To which I said, "I know. I am. But I am happy. Thank you."







I honestly never felt so beautiful inside and out until I realized how simple life should be lived.

No comments