Powered by Blogger.

High Summer

Life has been really stressful for me. Work, actually. I used to love what I do. Its flexibility was so in tune with being a full time mom; however, these days suck. Changes in the rules make it hard for me to get things done, headaches become frequent, and my patience is wearing thin. I am always looking forward to our annual beach trip. It was the final hope of redeeming positivity. Even though I am still troubled about whether or not I have a job...I decided to let it go and let life be.

Indeed, we enjoyed our short vacation! Most of the time we were in the water, and I loved every second of it. I think Adam, Bean and my cousin, Kirsten, loved it too. The sun was no problem. We were so busy swimming it all went by so fast. We gorged on food, drank fruit juices, and bonded. The thing is, we are already missing so much people. Our other cousins aren't present, life gets in the way...but there will always be a next time.












Bean taking her paddle practice seriously.



We are missing my brother, sis-in-law, Winter, Neal, cousins from mom's brother (all of them plus my aunt and uncle), tito Joven, tita Mita, Joriel (who went home earlier)...and friends. We still had fun though! Me, Kirsten and Adam even had time to take pictures...for which I have to write about in a different post.












We also took the time to improve on our underwater skills. I do this because of surfing. Maybe one day I might need this after a nasty wipe out! I can say I swam better before. I think that it's because after becoming a mother I had less time in the water. But I will get there again!


Three musketeers.





Tiny feet in the ocean. I love.






Adam and I, always.

This weekend did really cheer me up. Not just because we spent it with good company, not just because we had lots of time in the water...I am just more at peace and comfortable with myself. My fears and insecurities do not stop me from doing what I want. Through that I found such joy. I am so blessed with a husband who loves me unconditionally...plus my daughter! Also, for my cousin, Kirsten, who is my source of strength and clarity...to my whole family for encouraging me to go on and live life!




As usual, the little miss refuses to go home. On our way home from the beach:
Bean: I want to go back to the beach.

Me: Next time, okay? Because we need to go home.

Bean: But I want to go to the other beach, mommy!

Me: What other beach?

Bean: Bali. I want to go to Bali.

I guess she fell in love, too.

We hope everyone enjoyed the week, too!

No comments