Powered by Blogger.

Secret Hopes and Dreams

It's no secret. The surfing bug bit me. I thought to myself, "It's too late. You're almost 29." But still a girl at heart, I can dream...can't I? I can hope; and I can make it come true." This is just the same as when I began my yoga practice. Being naturally negative, I always told myself (and my husband who must be deaf to my pessimistic thoughts) that the most I could do would be the sun salutations. Heck, I looked so wrong doing chaturangas in class. Gravity pulled me down flat on my mat. My instructor then even dedicated a whole session to help me carry my own body and correct my alignment. That night, when I got home...I told my husband how bummed out I was about it. I spent that night and the whole week practicing on this yoga push-up. GUESS WHAT? I was up and doing chaturangas since then. I wasn't too weak. I wasn't too old. I did it because of practice and dedication. Here I am now, with a binding practice and getting along well with headstands. I came from nowhere five months ago, and I can say I worked hard.

After this weekend, where I watched my husband surf and also gave it a try, I really got hooked. So hooked that I'd like to go out there and figure it out. It hit me hard, just like yoga. Where I find myself looking through pictures of postures, researching on alignment...things like that. I pin inspirations to keep me committed, as commitment is really hard for me. Ask my parents...I am a jack of all trades, master of none. I took up ballet, piano, painting, karate, volleyball...and some more....but never really finished mastering any. I was just plain impatient then. So, to keep me going...I provide inspirations and motivations. With yoga, I posted a lot of photos that convey graceful asanas, strength, and balance. Now, I keep on pinning things about the sea and surf. With yoga, I was motivated by telling myself that I will not buy a nice and durable mat until I got better; no new work out clothes until I mastered a pose. Now I have a good mat, and new set of workout clothes! See, these things help. With learning to surf my motivation is:

My husband will get me my own board when I learn to paddle out there and catch a wave of my own.

Can I do it? Is this possible? I don't know. But I promise to work on it. Just like with my yoga practice. Also, I like the feeling of accomplishing something I haven't done before. Here are a few inspiring photos:








They are just very 'me'.
1/2



Their bodies! :)
3/4

Side note:

I asked my husband if it is okay to think of these dreams. I am very paranoid that I asked this. He told me that if I really like it, why be ashamed. I told him...I don't want to be perceived as a 'poser' because there are a lot of people out there who are such (sorry if you are affected; this just means you are one). He told me that you will only be one if you talk about it as if you are good at it, or as if you know everything about it when you don't. Good. I don't claim to be good at this. I am in the process of learning and pursuing this dream. I am, if I might honestly say, very excited.

No comments