Powered by Blogger.

32/52: Happy Birthday, Kid!

32/52
             "A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2014." 




Bean has been referring to herself as a "kid" not a baby. Hence, Happy Birthday, kid! She turned three last August 9 and we had a mini celebration with family and friends the day after. I usually bake 60 cupcakes at this special time of the year; but because I get exhausted at this stage of motherhood (yep, meaning a mom to a highly energetic and talkative three-year old) we opted to have them and the cake ordered and customized. We have been asking her for the past month about what theme she would like and she's been begging us for a "Peppa Pig" party. So it shall be.






Also, she asked me a week before, "Can you buy me a dress for my birthday? I want it with pink buttons!" We took her to the mall and she shopped for herself! She can put an outfit together and I am liking her sense of fashion. It's kind of old school and dainty in contrast to her love for cars and 'surf'. 

Adam and I were surprised that Bean was a big help during the party preparations, mostly with the decorations. I wasn't sure about letting her help because I thought she'd just make a mess...but to my surprise she's very organized and can take directions well. We are so very lucky!!!



Bean's first guest is Ziva,
such a cutie! :)




I never really knew how much my heart could love so much until you, Bean. Nobody expected me to be the mothering kind...but we proved them wrong, didn't we? Lol. I think this is what I was born to do. It feels so natural to me. Though I miss art, photography (even surfing)...being your mom will always top the list!


Hello, pretty Winter!



Most, if not all, people tell me that my skin has gotten so dark already.
At first I got sad about it but now I look at it as a measurement of how much
fun the ocean and the surf gives me.
I am having so much fun indeed!









Bean is so in love with her cake that up until now she asks to stare at it at meal times.
We can eat the cake; but not touch the piggies.



Our little artist.






Little kids that have my heart.




One of the highlights of her day was tita Joan's gift! A month ago I posted a video
on Instagram asking her what she wants for her birthday to which she replied,
"A pink surfboard and a Go Pro."

























One thing that really touched me were the gifts she got. I am so thankful for the thoughtfulness of family and friends giving her things that she'd surely use and enjoy. My heart is overflowing with love for each and everyone one of you who made Bean's birthday the best day ever!

P.S. Before she slept that night she asked her daddy, "Daddy, can you dance with me? The party isn't finished yet because we didn't dance." Isn't she the sweetest?

No comments