Powered by Blogger.

33 and 34/52 and some thoughts about school

33/52
             "A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2014." 






These were taken a few weeks ago on a lazy morning. I have been late at posting in this space because of a number of things: 1. Busy occupying myself with things and home projects to do because of the flat spell; 2. Fixing my timetable for my plans regarding things art-associated (working around the chaos of a three year old!); 3. Organizing our little home; 4. Signing up for a few workshops (to be written about soon) and 4. Busy dreaming of the next surf trip.

Anyway, this particular morning I was able to make a quick doodle of a mermaid and hurriedly rendered it with watercolor while this little miss worked on her own art. I swear, she is getting good with her hands! Tonight, in particular,I left her with a few stencils with basic shapes; when I came back to check on her she used the circles and drew the characters from Pacman. Talk about being creative! I love how her face gets so serious when she's on to something. Every time she is coloring or painting she'd ask us, "Do you want to come inside my color factory shop? We can do so many things!"

34/52

These pictures were taken on her first day of playschool. Bean was so excited she asked me to snap tons of photos of her before we left. We thought she'd be awkward with other kids and the teacher because this experience is new to her; but, she did really well. The school allows and encourages parents to learn with their children in order to gradually wean them off of each other; also by this process the kid will be more independent. Our little girl had a blast! And while I was there guiding her, singing and dancing with her...deep inside I felt it--this hole that is beginning to grow in my heart because it finally true--my baby is now a big girl. And in the future when she goes to a bigger school without me...I'd miss all the days that the world would be just her and me. 

But that's okay. That is how life is supposed to be. We are happy enough knowing that she's having a blast growing and living life.





.

On other news, I cut my hair short for the third time in my long-haired history. It's a cycle. Grow my hair until it almost reaches my lower back and then cut it above the shoulders after a year or so. Sometimes it grows back fast; sometimes it doesn't. But I cut it for different reasons every time. First was because I lost my grandfather; second, I was having the postpartum blues, this time it is because the flat spell made me go crazy! Seriously, it is because I was starting to depend on my long hair to feel beautiful...and I don't like that. I took the plunge...and I feel so weightless.

No comments