Powered by Blogger.

Dear Diary

August 17, 2014


Health sucks lately. My headache is becoming a frequent thing and there hasn't been surf  in almost three weeks. But there are other things to look forward to like reading more books, school for Bean, and these classes I will be attending (which I will write about next time). I figured that there should always be a balance in everything. As much as we want to just surf there are other priorities and needs in our lives. 


But being away from the sea and the surf is slowly creeping in. There are moments I find myself in a daze, daydreaming of the last surf trip we had, recalling the feeling that gets me high. While I do wish to do this soon I am excited to see Bean attend school, at the same time, I am heartbroken because our baby is a baby no more. 


Another thing that I am working on is not being so hard on myself regarding working out. I am very obsessed about my routine ; but I realized that being a full-time mom I need to manage my time better. If I continue to be strict about this aspect of my life I will not have room to do anything else other than being a mother and doing yoga. So I have been taking it easy lately. I squeeze in an hour of painting or reading instead of an hour of yoga. Even if the voice inside my head keeps on telling me to obsess about it I am trying my best not to give in. 


The last week has been about arranging Bean's classes, cleaning the house, and talking to Adam about this minor renovation I want to do in our dining room (which is another thing I am quite ecstatic about). So I guess things are still looking up even when the world seems to be flat.


I really do miss and wish to surf soon. I haven't even been able to use my new rash guard yet!


J

No comments