Powered by Blogger.

A Letter to Bean



Dearest Bean,

I have decided to write you this letter now (even if you still do not know how to read) because I feel that you are growing up too fast. It amazes me how time could slip by unnoticed.

It seems just yesterday that I was being induced, staring at a blank wall, at the cracks on the ceiling, waiting for you. Yes, you came out via an emergency C-section and left me with a big scar...but inspite of the little vanity I posses, I didn't mind. When I first saw you, I couldn't believe that this tiny human being came from inside me!

Just a year and a few moths ago you used to depend on me for everything; you couldn't sleep without being rocked, you needed me to show you how to play, you needed me all the time.

Now, you're little miss independent trying to do everything on your own. You sleep on your own, you even pick what you want to eat, wear, or play. You shove my hand away when I try to teach you how to play with a toy, because you want to do it on your own. You tell me, "okay," when I've got the blues. You say, "No, no," when you dislike something. Your vocabulary has grown so fast. Just the other day you had new words for me and daddy. "Airlplane, I love you, catch, close, open, apple, banana, bubbles, books, play."

I love that you know how to make things okay after throwing fits on bad days. Even though you haven't learned to apologize yet, I know that you hug me because you're sorry. You always follow me like a shadow when you're guilty, and I find that cute.

You operate my iPad like a pro, and put on your DVD's on your own. Oh my! Where did the time go?

I know most new parents are in a hurry for their babies to grow up, but me? I treasure every day and wish that they pass by a little bit slowly.

I want you to know that you really make me and your daddy the happiest (yes, even on your bad days). Now I understand what my parents always told me when I was rebelling during my younger days-- that they only want to hold on to me a little bit longer.

I love you dearest daughter, more than I could ever say.

Love,
Mama

P.S. Thank you for the times that you cup my face in your hands, look at me in the eyes for a few seconds, and then kissing me with a loud "mwah" on the lips. Despite of your temper, I know you love me too.

No comments