Powered by Blogger.

This Thing Called Love

When I was younger, I decided not to ever have kids because I was afraid of responsibility, and I was too selfish. Yes, the world revolved around myself. It was always about the things I wanted to do. I loved being able to be free. I treasured the time I had to focus on art and photography, to read my books, and watch all the programs I wanted. I said selfish, right?

Yeah. But people change. How I wanted to take back all those selfish thoughts when I found out I was about to be a mother. More so, when I had my baby. Truth is, I was afraid, as much as I was happy. How on earth could I ever be responsible of this little person? How do I provide her everything, when I don't have much?

Well, love finds ways...plus a very supportive husband who is very much in love with your bundle of joy.

Bean is now 17 months old. And boy, does she have character! Whenever I talk to her she'll wave her hands and say, "Okay." Did she get it from me or her daddy? Well we guess so. When we try to make her do something she's uninterested in she wiggles her index finger and tell us, "No, no." When she drops something, or if ever anything goes wrong, her eyes widens (as if it's never wide enough) and she says, "uh oh!"
When we ask her, "What's your name?" She points to herslef and answers, "Bean!"

She often offers me her hands and says, "Mama, play." Yes, I fall for her more each day. When she sees me troubled, or down she just hugs me and says, "okay," I figured this means "it's okay," because that's what we do whenever she cries. Oh what a sweet child!

But she has bad days too, when she decides to throw a fit just because. So don't be fooled. But even though there are bad days where I also get to lose my temper and my mind, I would always choose to be Bean's mother. Because no matter how difficult things go...I know she loves us just as much as we do love her.

Oh, she also gives us random hugs and kisses while saying, "wuvyou!"

Heart-melting.

Have a happy week ahead! :)

No comments