Powered by Blogger.

Not Today


The little miss is starting to scare me a bit, just today she tried having a real conversation with me. Yes, complete with hand gestures and all. (I know I really didn't catch much of her "sentences", but oh my! This one's a talker!)

It suddenly dawned on me, that time indeed comes by fast...or too fast. I remeber when I was a kid I'd fantasize about being 18, getting to go out with friends, apply some mascara and lipstick, wear heels; then at 18, I dreamed about my 20s. But today, I just want time to stop, I know it can't, so maybe just move a bit slowly.

Oh, Bean! I know we've created our little magical world when daddy's at work. Just you and me. From feeding, diaper changing, bathing, playing, napping to learning words, learning shapes, colors, drawing, singing, dancing...you and me. Our world is magical, isn't it? Right now, we're best friends.

But one day, dear Bean... Reality will sink in, and you'll grow. You'll have new friends, and you will have to go to school. And I have to pack all my love and attention, and care in your little lunch box so you could still have me with you. Our little magical world, I hope, stays with you forever, in my heart it sure will.

Time, please take a rest, will you? My little miss will sure grow up, but not today :)

No comments