Powered by Blogger.

to the sea


While most people might miss it, the sea gives us so much. It gave us so much. I think that being around it has enhanced our relationship a lot. Not just our marriage but our being parents and friends, too. Adam and I continue to push each other to be the best version of ourselves; whereas before, we remained in a stand still doing daily chores and responsibilities in the city.

Another thing that the sea has given me (or us) is my longing for friends. Don't get me wrong...I do have friends; but just a handful who get me a hundred percent. People whom I can be with as myself. During our early surf trips it was just Adam, me and Bean. Now, aside from the locals...we have two friends who tag along regularly. We just clicked right away! And what I love is, they voluntarily take care of our girl during these trips that make it easier for us to manage everything. I love them like family.






This last trip it was supposed to be just Adam, Bean, JP and me. So we arrived early; but the swell was too big for me and JP that only Adam went out with a few locals. Note: I love how we have become friends with them...they feel like family, too.

As I was shooting these photos the lens of the camera just came off. We guess that the plastic became brittle because of the heat. We've been using just one lens for our trips. Anyway, we sat and watched until all felt hungry. We brought pork to grill...unfortunately all of us weren't seasoned cooks that it took us three hours to make our lunch!














There were no glassy waves in the afternoon so me and JP made do with the whitewash. It was fun though I was looking for the long rides and the rush of paddling out. (Yeah, as if)

We were on our way back to our hut when we received a text from Joan that she was on her way! What a surprise, my lineup classmate is on her way! A little back story: Joan is my college classmate; I think we hung out about a few times but never really got to be good friends. We just got in touch through Facebook because she keeps on seeing my posts about surfing. Then she tagged along. That was that. I never thought I'd find a close friend in her.

That night we had a few drinks and some stories about life, surf, love and whatnot while Bean busied herself rolling on the bed to catch some sleep. Of course, we woke up the next day to surf early.

Well, we have zero photos of our session, but I am happy enough being able to paddle out in the lineup, get through big sets, catch a wave wherein I bailed because of confusion...and to get the longest ride yet c/o Ton-ton. Adam caught a lot of rides from morning 'til afternoon. Now, I need to work triple time to catch up with my man.







Bean and her friends. Oh how she loves Maricris that she
keeps on telling me about her. 
We love these kids!





Classmates until we grow old hahaha.




I have a lot more to talk about...but until next time! 
Mommy duties first.

Have a great week ahead!

No comments