Powered by Blogger.

35/52

35/52
"A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2014."


This girl, what can I say...is such a burst of energy. While most parents would hope for a talented kid...I think mine's special. Why? Because she has an array of different accents she uses to speak! She easily mimics anything she hears...except...Filipino. We find it funny because we all speak Filipino in our home. One day she'll figure it out. I hope.

This weekend was quick and fun. We spent our Saturday at home; Bean played with her cousins and I got to chat up with mine. Catching up with my cousins really gives me so much release and peace to start my week right! Childhood has made me take for granted the time we lived in one big house. I miss them; I always do...especially AK.

Anyway, I took up a calligraphy workshop yesterday. It was so hard! I thought I'd do well because I really do have a good hand at script...and I use to hand-letter in my notebooks way back in high school...But calligraphy is a whole different league. My work was wobbly; and the ink was blotchy! But as one of the instructors said..."Practice makes permanent, not perfect." And here I am going gaga practicing. I have another workshop to attend later this month and I am very thankful to Adam who supports me in the things that I love. :)

So, while I was away from Bean torturing my hand writing for three hours...I am glad to hear she had a grand time with her daddy, my parents, my brothers, sister-in-law, and her cousin, Winter. I am always grateful to the people who makes our girl the happiest.

And oh, hello September! Christmas, I already feel you.

No comments