Powered by Blogger.

Project no.12: Perception


If you knew me well, you would know that I do not love myself. I am still in the process of doing so. After more than a decade of battling an eating disorder, and the wrong addiction to exercise, I am still not over it. A few weeks ago I realized that I am never going to get younger; the days will pass and I will always be a year older...so why not do everything I want now?

I always wanted to be free of what I think others perceive me to be. Though in reality, no one really cares. Only I perceive myself to be perceived by others. So I decided to dive into it. I decided to love my body a little more that how little I love it right now. By purchasing a new set of bikinis and leaving my swim shorts in Manila, we went to the beach over the weekend. Guess what, I did it! I was able to put my body out there and no one really cared (or so I know). It felt so liberating; I felt free.

I definitely see a big change in my body since I started practicing Yoga. I can see that it's leaner. I can feel that I'm stronger. I think I have more muscle mass than ever. I do not know if I gained weight or lost some; I do not know if this is the right body, but it's the only one I own...so I better start loving it better.

No comments