Powered by Blogger.

This Little Human


Oh, Gosh! I can't even begin to say how much I missed this space. You see, life has been knocking me down a few these past few months...but well, we keep on moving! Preschool has been a big adjustment to us as a family. For one, we are so used to having unplanned and relaxed schedules that fitting it around a fixed one for school really stressed me out. Another is how early I wake to prepare everything from Bean's snacks to her school things and her clothes...plus, having to choose whether to convince her to nap in the afternoon or not just to get her to bed earlier during the night. I also do not have much time to make illustrations, write, workout and unwind. Then, there is lesser time to go the sea and to surf.



Not that I am complaining. It is indeed a big adjustment because it dawned on us that instead of Bean's life molded into ours, it is now vice versa. And I knew it was to be all along. Because as much as I love art, yoga and surfing...I love being a mother most of all. And no matter how tired I get at times, I wouldn't trade this for the world! I love doing these things for our girl.




I remember when she was two years old I would jokingly ask her to not grow up too fast...and she would sweetly reply that she promised because she wouldn't like me to grow old, too. But after turning four and a lot of singing and dancing to Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande, she now wants to be a "people" (her term for being grown up which still refuses to correct).

There goes my baby growing up...and us parents growing old! Haha

That's why at this stage I do cherish our afternoons where we get to play together, make art together, and sometimes this is also the time I get to watch some of the shows I love when she chooses to do things by herself.




Still, in my heart I wish time would go slower.


Tutu and mask from Little Human & Co. Go check out their IG! Thank you so much!

No comments