Powered by Blogger.

This December



Hello! Well, this blog is due for an update. Apologies, life just happened and by that I don't mean it in a positive way. Death, illness, injury and tidying up connections happened. But what do we do? We try to move on because the days won't stop for anybody. And in attempt to get on with it I decided to set up our Christmas tree this afternoon (and my injured rib made it a pain in the a**). It certainly brightened up my day knowing that I wouldn't be able to do yoga or surf this month. No workouts either.


Anyway, I don't know if I've ever shared it in this space before but I was once one of those who felt the Christmas cheer. Since I was a kid, this time of the year has always been magical to me. As soon as my grandma decorates the whole house...it happens! And the magic is completed with my grandpa playing old Christmas records which would be heard in the whole house. Before and after dinner me, my brothers and cousins would stay in the living room to stare at the Christmas tree and share our wishes for the season. There was a feeling of warmth in the cold December air. And then we grew up. And then the magic was gone.

I have never felt it in years, not until our daughter was born. It was pure delight; I felt like a little girl all over again. And I am forever grateful that she is a part of our lives. She's become my source of strength whenever I'm feeling down.


So, just a few days ago I decided to stop sulking at life. I have avoided writing here because I felt the need to guard my feelings. But now I am ready to be here again. With life's challenges ahead, we still hope and pray that this year's Christmas would still be magical.



2 comments