Powered by Blogger.

Eleanor's First Birthday



I was supposed to blog about the next part of our cherry blossom experience in Busan but it dawned on me that I haven't even posted about Eleanor's first birthday. This made me question myself on why I started this blog. This space is where my journey as a mom began; this is where you can see Bean grow up...and I feel bad that I seem to have stopped for so many dumb reasons. Knowing me, there is zero chance that I'd not document life with our littlest....oh no!

So here I am starting again.

We celebrated Ellie's first birthday at home and decided on a "jungle" theme since she loves lions so much (at that time--now she's moved on to Minions and Coco.) Because our daughters' birthdays are close to each other I really planned and prepared in advance and I am so thankful for our nanny because she helped so much in making the decorations. I am also thankful that my sister-in-law is crafty because she was the one who made the giant paper flowers that we mounted on the wall.

Her party was set in the afternoon so the food we prepared was simple and filling so that it can last the guests until dinner. This time we invited a few close friends. I decided to de-clutter my life from material things to people. This lessens my all my stress!

People always ask me why not just have my kids' birthdays in Jollibee or McDonald's...it's just that I really enjoy doing this for them. I love making the decorations and cooking the food. When I see how happy our girls are it makes me so happy, too.

Here are a few pictures from Ellie's first birthday.































I feel so lucky to be blessed with another daughter...because Bean was a poster-child for discipline and being good....Ellie appears to be the wild one! LOL. But I would't have it any other way. She is indeed a ray of sunshine who gives us so much laughter. I am still struggling with my time with the both of them but slowly we are getting there. One day at a time.

No comments