Powered by Blogger.

Inspired

Before the husband and the baby, I was a very driven "artist". Yes, I am a licensed Interior Designer, but I am more interested in photography...always was, always will.

I remember when I was in the second grade, we had a school field trip. I was stoked because it was the first time my parents let me borrow a camera. I think it was the disposable type, I don't really remember. Anyway, I went crazy at the museum, at the zoo...I went crazy shooting everywhere. But the thrill was in waiting for the films to be developed. I always save up part of my allowance so that I could buy a few rolls of film, also, I save up to get them developed. It was my dad who prompted my interest in photography, as he is in love with it, too.

I also remember saving up for my first digital camera (the point and shoot type) during early college. My dad offered to pay for half the cost as he wanted to know if I really enjoyed photography. I used to borrow his Nikon F90x, but hey, it's easier to take a picture with your digicam and upload it straight to the computer than scan your developed images.

Because I studied in the field of the arts, I often saw other students with their DSLRs, but I had no budget for that. I was surprised that my parents gifted me with my first (and only) DSLR. That summer, after graduation, I experimented a lot. A year later, I was over the kit lens and purchased my most favored lens of all.... 50mm, f1.4! I am so in love with that lens that it almost never comes off the camera.

Because of a friend, who shares the same interest...the feel of film came back. My boyfriend then (now my husband) gifted me with a Holga. I also bought a Rolleiflex TLR. My creative juices were at a high, there were always new ideas.

Then I got pregnant, married, and had a baby. Because of my new found love, being "motherhood", photography had to take a back seat. I never really got my groove back until last Christmas, when husband gave me an Instax Mini.

Today, I just suddenly itched to take photos again. So here are a few pictures from today:




And here's an experiment I did with my Instax:


My darling daughter, helping me dispose of the used up Instax cartridge. :)


I better start taking photos again.

It makes me very happy.

No comments