Powered by Blogger.

Siem Reap Day 1

I was so excited to post our trip ever since we got back to Manila, but because we were so tired from the early morning flight, and there came a very big challenge for our family, I held off posting anything because I didn't feel ready. Before I get on to my post, it will be very nice if you (reader) can say a little prayer for my family as we are facing a great challenge these days. I thank you in advance, this little prayer would really mean a lot to me, to us.

Let's start off with day 1. I will be posting by day because one long post might be too draining. Also, as I have stated over and over again...getting to see the Angkor Temples is my childhood dream, so I'd probably be blabbing a little to much which might result to a novella of some sort. :)

We decided to wake up late on our fist day at Siem Reap because we arrived late the previous night (delayed flight). Husband and I agreed on taking it slow (not running around all the temples at once0 as we have a toddler wit us. Surprisingly, the little miss is a very great travel buddy. no complaints, no crying, nothing! I couldn't believe it until now. Anyway, we hired a tuktuk driver (tuktuk being a type of transportation) and showed him a list of the places we wanted to go to so that he can break it down and arrange it into a three day tour. He happily obliged, and off we went to see the first area on our list: Angkor Thom.

I have more than a thousand photos in my SD card, but I will be posting just a few that I want to share. The rest will be uploaded from time to time either on my Facebook or instagram account. :)

 




 
 
The photos above are taken at the Bayon Temple. This was the first temple we went to see, I was already in awe. Imagine how jaw dropping Angkor Wat will be! After this temple we went to see other temples such as: Baphuon, Elephant Terrace, and the Terrace of the Lepper King. Bean was already having the time of her life exploring the temples. We were always there to watch and guide her though, as the temples were gigantic in size, she may slip or fall from heights you couldn't even imagine.





 
We went back to the hotel during lunch time, as it was so hot. We headed out to see Angkor Wat around three in the afternoon. :)  The gates to the Angkor Wat took my breath away, the temple itself left me speechless. It's like I fell in love with the place!







 
Some details along the halls of the Angkor Wat. These are very detailed!
 
 

 
 
This photo will show you how massive the temple is! I wouldn't dare tell you how nervous I felt while taking this photo. But, yeah I trusted my husband that he wouldn't drop the little miss!
 



Okay, I was already a little drained, hence, this face.

 
 
It's hard travelling with a toddler in a place such as the Angkor, but just take a look at that face! Who wouldn't want to carry that up and down those ruins! I will be posting days 2 and 3 and more soon! :)
 
 
Thanks for visiting!


No comments