Powered by Blogger.

We Love Roxy


I have always spent time by the sea since my parents bought a beachfront rest house in 2004. During my college years we went there almost every weekend. My love for the sea started late because as a kid I hated sand. I have seen a quote on Pinterest and on some accounts I follow on Instagram which goes, "Born to be a mermaid..." or something like that. Not true for me...I always thought I was born to be a bookworm and a couch potato to be honest.

But I guess I heard the call of the sea. It always finds it's way back to me. I have just turned 1 year old in my surfing life and my little family has been on the beach for the same amount of time too. With that, we have changed the way we dressed ourselves. Picking more clothes suitable for the sun, sea and surf and less of the clothes we do wear in the city. I know about swimwear brands, but I never preferred a specific one. To be honest, I only bought my first Roxy bikini and a rash guard because I was given discount voucher.

And then I got a few other brands along the way. But in terms of durability, design and comfort...I think Roxy gets my vote. I always played safe when it came to design because I thought being a mother required me to. But growing older has helped in establishing a more solid foundation of who I really am and what I really want. And now I have a growing collection of surf and swimwear from Roxy.






Their spring-suit is my newest addition c/o my husband. I always thought people who wear this in our country were crazy! I thought these things were for countries who had the winter season! The north swell proved me wrong; I needed one. After surfing with it, I can say it really did wonders. I was able to surf longer than I could and I couldn't care less of the chill of the early morning surf.





And it's not just me who easily fell for this brand, our little girl too! She won't wear anything without the Roxy logo. Just this weekend, she picked out her own rashie. Actually, we had no plans to get one for her yet. Adam was on the hunt for a wetsuit and as we were leaving the store she boldly told us, "What about mine? Did we get it?" And since we have plans of signing her up for swimming lessons...and more trips to the beach...we got one for her and she couldn't be any happier.





I wasn't paid in any way to write about this brand, really, we just love it!

No comments