Powered by Blogger.

Trip to Busan Part 2 (Gyeonghwa Station and Samnak Ecological Park)



It took me a long time to post....I know...I wasn't able to cope with Bean's new school schedule so much. I was also under a lot of stress due to health issues and moving to a new home. Alas, there is time, finally. I felt that I needed to post about this trip before the year ends and before I forget minor details!

So, from part one of my Busan post, we spent the night at Miyoung's. She upgraded us to a bigger room but Ellie was having a hard time adjusting to sleeping on mats (or that thing they roll out to sleep on the floor.) We weren't able to get a good night's sleep because she kept waking up to cry. But Adam and I wouldn't let that get us down. We still woke up at 6 am to prepare ourselves, the kids' bags, camera bags, breakfast and we got them in for a bath and change of clothes.

We got to Gyeonghwa sation a little past 8 AM and wow it was packed! So long to my dreams of having a decent photo taken....but you see between me and Adam is a great teamwork when it comes to snapping our travel photos. We are complete opposites in style but our relationship was built around us taking pictures...we spent years arguing, debating and even fighting about it that at present we just get each other. A little side look from me means I am not satisfied and him reviewing the photos means he wants to shoot from the same angle again and again.

It takes timing and patience to take pictures in a beautiful place full of so many people! But here are a few of my tips:

1. Be patient- when your instagram husband asks you to hold that pose or change it again and again it doesn't mean there is something wrong with you...it just means he's giving it his best--to capture your beauty and the beauty of the place.

2. Timing- the crowd will not be in the same place at the same time! Spot areas where the crowd is less and take it from there.

3. All out effort- being extra with your makeup and clothes goes a long way. Pesonally, I planned all the colors of our outfits based on the photos I saw on the internet so that we would stand out from all the pinks of the cherry blossoms. My makeup is also a bit more than I put in person so that it would stand out in the photos, too.

4. Shoot from a lower angle- not only does this thin out the crowd and make you look a few inches taller but it also captures all those blooms on the trees!

5. Do not ask your kids to pose if they don't want to- not only will this ruin their mood but yours, too! If you notice on my posts, I usually just snap pictures of my kids when they don't know it. This looks more natural and puts less pressure on both of you.

6. Use a lens that has a low aperture- I love bokeh. I really do! But don't just take pictures with blurred backgrounds and call it art. Research, take a look at other pictures, make an inspiration board. You know what I mean.













We stayed here for about and hour and a half and rode a taxi back to Busan. We settled in our Air BnB and then had chicken for lunch. There were actually no plans on this day I just wanted to go buy some BTS albums. LOL! But Adam said there was a nearby park we could go to to relax and let the kids play. Samnak park was few minutes away from where we were staying and all I could say is she is quite a stunner! It's a very long "road" where people can bike, jog, walk, run or just play around in. There were also some food stalls in case you get hungry. This is one of my favorite parts of this trip. Because the kids enjoyed playing and running around. Adam and I were happy watching them and of course, documenting the moment.




























Making memories is an important thing for our little family. Hopefully, I get to post about the final part of this trip soon.

No comments