Powered by Blogger.

Getting Through












Images via Tumblr


What helps you get through tough days? What gets you through in life? I already knew about Yoga way back. Because I have always wondered how models (specifically VS models) achieve their perfect bodies, I had years of research about their diet, workouts, way of living, etc. One common factor is Yoga. But I did not start practicing Yoga because of this. I began my journey because I was emotionally tired, emotionally hurt and weak. I lost a loved one. I was drowning in my sorrow. It only took me one class to know that I would be back for more. That first class left me on the brink of tears during savasana. The pain of loss was so much to bear, but Yoga made me feel that I could slowly build up my strength so that I can help myself stand up again.

It has almost been eight months since I began practicing, and my physical strength developed so fast...emotionally...I am getting there, too. My practice gets me through everyday, whether it is an easy day or a hard one. I developed patience, which people would be really surprised with. I am more cheerful and accepting of life. I learned to love myself, even though my dream of achieving a VS model's body would never come true. It's okay. I am unique and beautiful in my own way.

I know I couldn't convince everyone to take up Yoga, but maybe you can give it a try. It helped an unstable person have a sense of stability. Take it from me.

No comments