Powered by Blogger.

7/52 and a new adventure








7/52
"A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2014."

She's growing to be quite an adventurer, really. Most days she's a pirate, a ballerina, a princess, a skater, a doctor or a surfer. These days are tough as she's growing to be very smart. I can barely catch up with her mind games and antics. But, what the heck! She's our lucky charm and greatest blessing! We never take her for granted even on surf trips. Adam and i always make sure she has fun, too. So every time I get out of the water I take her out to play with small waves and lots of sand. 

* * * *

Surf. It's something gnawing at me constantly. Most times, I think I'll lose it. It's driving me crazy, in a good way. I have been having a rough time lately. Too much stress and worries...and somehow, I thought of the sea. I used to think that people exaggerate too much about their love for the ocean...but indeed, in some ways..the sea becomes my cure for anything. Maybe they were right all along. It took my mind away from this lip lump I've been worried about, plus the stress I am under as my husband is on night shift, work is becoming harder, and my toddler tougher to deal with.

Also, my cousin, Kirsten came with us for the first time after a loooong time! I have been pestering her about it since December and I am very happy that finally this trip happened. I secretly hope she fell for surfing like I did...she just might be my new surfing buddy!

Of course, little miss Bean came, too! She's been asking us to take her to the beach for weeks. She'd randomly tell us everyday, "Can we please go to the beach?" or "I'm going to the beach, wanna come with me?" I am quite surprised that she is still asking us for a pink surfboard that's "not too big, , just small for me."

I barely had time to document this trip as I was so into improving whatever skill I have. Oh, well...stronger paddle...more endurance.

Always riding backside.

Kirsten, doing it...looking stoked!


the reason for this new obsession, my husband.

a cute pup for company.


our happy pirate

"my friend, tita ninang!"

rare family photo, excuse the sunburn and tired faces
(plus the white medicine on my lip)



Thank you Adam for giving me this new obsession. I think it made me a better and stronger person. If not for you, I will not have appreciated and lived life more.

No comments