Powered by Blogger.

Finding Balance

Well, January was kind of harsh on me...as a wife, as a mom, as an individual. I seem to have lost my balance, for a bit. i was overwhelmed with changes at work, changes with my daughter, new found passions, and the fact that my friends appear to be disappearing one by one. but I always make it a point to find inspiration in everything. Last month, we went to Booksale to score cheap books. I was specifically looking for Yoga materials when I stumbled upon Christy Turlington's book, "Living Yoga." I know it was written by a celebrity, which made me doubt the quality...but I bought it because of the price. It did not even reach 200 pesos!

I haven't finished the book yet; however, I am finding it very insightful and significant. Now, every time I feel so negative...I just let go. I let go of things that I cannot change. I let go of things that no longer serve me. It's a process, and I have just begun.

All in all, life is still good; and I am quite blessed that our little girl is such a sport. Most days, in the middle of work, she'd approach me and say, "Please finish your work, mama. I want to play with you. Let's act silly together." It breaks my heart to tell her "no" and give her other distractions. I try hard everyday to tell myself that what I do is also for her. I make it a point to make it up to her, always. So this afternoon, as I wrapped up my work, she told me: "Oh! You turned of off your laptop. You finished work. Good job, mama. Come on, we can paint together. So we did.







No comments