Powered by Blogger.

Happy 4th Birthday Madeleine Bean

And here we are, at four years old. I couldn't believe how time flew by so fast. I still remember vividly the day I first saw our little girl and how she amazed me! Up to this day she continues to amaze us, and I know that this will go on for years to come.

A few months ago I asked Bean what party theme she would like this year and she has stuck with the "Octonauts" for so long that, indeed, we chose it. It's not a popular show here in the country, I just happened to have found it in YouTube when the little miss wanted to watch something about the sea. It is a great show, though. It has valuable life lessons for the kids and the environment.

Anyway, Bean discovered my Pinterest board and happily pinned away with me! She was so helpful up to the last detail. And even when we were setting up her party, she was so eager to help. Actually, I failed to execute most of my plans regarding this year's celebration. I just got so burned out from juggling too many things at once. Well, I have my weaknesses and issues, too! But I will save that for another post. Even the task of printing out free printable party stuff wasn't in the picture.

We have been busy adjusting our schedule to Bean's since it is her first year of school. I have been squeezing in a little bit of party preparations during my free time. And I am glad it was a success! Here are some photos we took last Sunday, Bean's 4th. Enjoy!


 I bake cupcakes yearly for her birthday. I almost didn't! But I couldn't resist since it's her favorite.
I was supposed to provide printable Octonaut characters, but oh well...jellyfish with googly eyes
were a hit with the kids.



       Now this here was a wonderful accident. My mom thought of covering the clutter
with an old shower curtain and I thought why not put some
paper tassels on it to make a photo wall? Pretty, right?

The only printable I was able to print were stickers for the loot bags.


Birthday girl.

The weather wasn't really nice that day, and we have been praying for the rain to stop. Luck has always been on our side since Bean's first birthday. The rain would magically stop an hour before the celebrations...and that luck hasn't run out....yet, thankfully!
We opted to invite fewer people this year because of the menial task of following up with the guest list. Family was the priority and then the regular guests. And I am happy with our decision. I have come to face the truth that letting go of people who do not serve you well anymore is what's best in life. Less stress, honestly.




We opted to set up in the garage this year for a change.


Birthday girl helping in the preparations.

"This is the best birthday ever! Thanks, mom!
Thanks, Dad!"


36" pizza.






Love.


















We are so grateful for those who still came in spite of the bad weather.
We appreciate it so much!




It was Adam's great idea to include watercolor in the loot bags!
Not only did it give the kids something to do, but it gave them a chance 
to get creative! :)





Today, Bean had a mini-celebration in school, too. I like that their school asks parents to prepare birthday celebrations for the kids in order to make them feel special on their day. Another thing I like is how they promote healthy eating and practices, too! So fast food is a big N-O! I woke up extra early to prepare ham and cheese egg rolls for the kids with a mini-yogurt drink. I also prepared take home cupcakes for them (made by me, yearly on Bean's birthday...a tradition I wish to stick to). I had a fun but tiring time packing them individually and decorating the boxes with sea creatures. I also personalized the cupcakes by labeling them with the names of the kids. :) We also invited Winter, Bean's cousin to join in. :)






It was nice seeing what Bean does inside the classroom.
Here they are acting out a song.





Winter happily dancing. :)















I also prepared one for Bean.
Not boasting or anything, but she says the cupcakes I bake are the best ever.

Adam and I are very tired after all these; but our hearts are so full. We are forever blessed to have our sweet girl who is pure magic.  We love you so much, Madeleine Bean! Thank you for this great adventure!

2 comments

  1. such a beautiful birthday girl and a fantastic party!!!

    ReplyDelete