Powered by Blogger.

My Favorite Artist

I have a new favorite artist. She's just beginning, but I like her work. This artist spends hours painting, mixing colors, and just practicing her skills. The best thing is, this artist loves me so much!









I was just always curious when my daughter will start to appreciate art. Before she turned a year old, I let her try holding on to crayons just to see if she understood the concept of putting it on paper. Well from that moment on a box of crayons and a few coloring books were always a staple in our home. Now that she's two years old, I let her try out some watercolor. Because she knows most of the colors found in a box of 16 crayons, I thought that maybe she'd enjoy another medium to work with. And voila! Here it is--her every first art work done all by herself.

I spent a few minutes teaching her how to dip the brush in water, dab it onto a tissue to get some water out, choose a color from her set of Prang, and then to apply it on the paper. She got it right then and there. I know it looks like "baby abstract art" but I couldn't be any prouder!

As days pass, my baby is disappearing and a little girl is right in front of my eyes. Just this week, she started to go to bed by herself--not beside me, but on her own bed. She'd just say, "Mama, I go to sleep." and walks away. She does this during daytime naps, too. Oh, I sometimes miss those days she'd cling to me like crazy. I have so much love for this girl right here.

No comments