Powered by Blogger.

26/52




26/52
"A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2014." 





Today, Bean decided to skip her nap. Imagine how that went for me. I don't deny being exhausted midday; but, it is really my priority to take care of my little love. After Adam went off to work, we played tea time with her two new "dollies", Peppa and George. It was sweet until I asked her if she wanted to nap...she threw a fit, wildly kicking her legs in the air. So I let her handle it herself. I just sat there and let her be.

"Mommy! Mommy! I'm sad so I want to cry."

"Then cry."

"No, I don't want that."

"Okay, then don't cry."

"No, mommy! Don't say that because I love you."

That last line...she always uses that on me and her daddy. It gets us every time. So after about twenty minutes of hating each other we called it quits. I had my afternoon coffee; she had a sandwich. We sat beside each other; her talking about "things she loves" and "things she doesn't like" like wasps. Occasionally, she'd hint at wanting to go to the beach; I explain to her that she has to get healthier and stronger first.

Then she asked if she could borrow my "white camera" (Instax) to take some pictures.



I took her pictures; but the picture of the plant in the middle was by her.


Have I mentioned that I let Adam go out of town with friends last Friday? Well, I was dead tired by Saturday night...and I am glad he let me had "me" time this morning. I really am glad I married my best friend who is into this parenting thing with me for better or for worse.


Have a great week ahead!

No comments