Powered by Blogger.

Happy Birthday, Dearest


Dearest Adam,
 
I wasn't able to buy you a birthday card this year; I wasn't even able to make you one. I can only manage to write once Bean is asleep at night. Oh, I know you know it's because her demands are growing. We are always so careful because she is such a ball of energy. But I still want to tell you some things on your special day.
I decided to post this in the blog knowing that the public might read it. Why not? Whenever I give you cards it's only for you to read...then the world already missed how great a person you are. So here goes:
Happy Birthday to my best friend. You know there are no secrets between us (well not that I know of but...haha) and I am very happy that we get along most times. I know we differ in beliefs and opinions, but I am glad that in the years that we've been together, we always meet halfway. You taught me that. I am happy and content to be growing old with you.
Happy Birthday to my hero. Yes, I never told you that you were and still are. How many times have you saved me? From my eating disorder, to nonsense arguments I used to often start, from being selfish, from being insecure, from the things that hurt me, from myself, among other things. I am very grateful that you showed me that there is a bigger world out there to live in. Yes, you saved me.
Happy Birthday to my believer. Thank you for always believing that I can do all the things that I put my heart into. I used to live imagining, daydreaming and I was content with that. You taught me how to make my dreams come true.
Happy birthday to the person I love the most (of course Bean counts too, but I loved you first so....). I am beyond happy that I met you. I am glad that I had the guts to introduce myself and get your number...no matter how weird that situation was. I am glad that when I met you I used to wish every night that one day you'd like me too (not knowing we felt the same way).
I know this is your special day; but this day is special for me too because on this day you were born....the person I'd share my hopes and dreams with...the one I'd build a life with.
I know I haven't really given you anything special these past few years...but I hope you liked my gift. :) One day if I get rich I'd spoil you like you spoil me!
I love you. I love you. I love you.


No comments