Powered by Blogger.

Singapore Day 1: Chinatown, Takashimaya


Technically, this is day two because day one was spent waiting at the airport, settling in at the hotel and grabbing some dinner. Actually, even though Singapore has zero surf I was looking forward to this trip because I am really stressed with my job that is going nowhere. But this post isn't about that. Getting back on topic....

One thing I looked forward to on this trip was taking pictures. I rarely get to snap photos on surf trips because I am too busy being in the water and then being a mom when I'm on land. I am glad I have quite a collection of memories after the trip. I sometimes go through my older posts just to see how our little girl grows.





I remember myself being fair-skinned most of my life; not anymore. The immigration officer also asked me, "Is she your daughter?" Haha! What a coincidence.



My little goofy-footer! We kind of have the same form don't we?
 


She was so excited to ride the trains and referred to them as the "real Thomas the Train."




While Winter was quite terrified of the sounds and the numerous people.


First Stop: Chinatown





I loved the  brightly colored structures around the area.




My parents.











Second Stop: Takashimaya

We went through some malls all filled up with gadgets. Bean slept at this time, and me and Adam took turns carrying her. Oh my back is really going to give up on me. The thing about Singapore is you feel the need to shop most of the time! Lol.









Winter in Singapore.


 


"Jollibean"


Third Stop: I Forgot

I don't actually remember where this is. I was so tired from the long walks and exhausted from the heat (and our little traveler). What we did in this area was meet with my cousin, Neal, and his girlfriend, Isa.



 


I think this is one of the few photos we have together.





Neal and Isabel.









The first day was quite an adjustment. We didn't bring a stroller so it would be us carrying Bean most of the time because she keeps on running everywhere. Too much energy on this one. I must say I had blisters on my feet by nightfall. Oh, Singapore...if there was surf here I would love to relocate. I love how organized everything is...and how complete the grocer stores are!

No comments